NJ DUI Lawyers
If you are convicted of driving under the influence (DUI, sometimes called DWI), you could be jailed and you could lose your driving privileges — and the conviction will haunt you forever. If you are found guilty of a traffic offense, you could face a range of penalties from fines, points and higher insurance rates to license suspension, or even jail for some offenses.
The Eder Law Firm stands ready to advise and represent you on any drunk driving charge, refusal to take breath test, or moving violation. We offer experienced DUI and traffic law defense in Essex, Hudson, Union, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean and Somerset Counties in northern and central New Jersey and the Jersey Shore, and in any other county in New Jersey to meet our clients’ needs.
Expert DUI Defense from a Former Prosecutor in New Jersey
We handle all DUI and refusal charges, including first offense, repeat offense, driving under the influence of drugs, and underage drunk driving (“baby DWI”). The Eder Law Firm brings over 50+ years of experience to your case, including Eder Law Firm‘s attorney Todd B. Eder’s experience as a former assistant Hudson County prosecutor. The Eder Law Firm knows how to challenge the probable cause for the traffic stop, the subsequent arrest and the physical evidence to get charges dismissed or reduced or to defend you at trial.
Important DUI Laws to Know
- A refusal to take the breath test, known as the Alcotest, will result in automatic license suspension for seven months or more.
- New Jersey does not grant special or limited licenses or a “pass” to drive to those with suspended licenses, even though the loss of license may create substantial hardship to those who need to drive to or for work or to care for a family member.
- A conviction for DUI requires the defendant to install an interlock device on his/her vehicle and prohibits the operation of any vehicle not so equipped. You may also face suspension of your driving privileges.
- A conviction for driving while suspended for DUI will result in jail time.
Effective Handling of Traffic Crimes and Traffic Tickets
Don’t make the mistake of pleading guilty to a traffic offense or paying the ticket before you know the consequences! Points, Fines, License Suspension, Jail or Enhanced Future Penalties.
The Eder Law Firm can often get traffic violations reduced to lesser offenses or no-point offenses. We will represent you in any court proceedings and administrative license suspension hearings for:
- Driving on a revoked or suspended license
- Reckless driving or careless driving
- Driving without a license or with an expired registration
- Driving without insurance
- Leaving the scene of an accident (hit and run)
- Speeding tickets
- Stoplight/stop sign violations
- Illegal passing, tailgating and other moving violations
- All other moving violations